Monday 16 July 2012

Battered, bruised but still smiling......

Just another day down by the river......

Upon walking down at the river with the woofits, I met a man. A nice man with a lovely 18month old puppy spaniel. Oh Defi and Rufus..spaniel...ran around and played, enjoying the wet, soggy, muddy grey day of July. There we were chatting about his first dog, watching the dogs playing and stuff, when, I spectacularly skidded, slipped and landed in a deep wet, muddy with massive stones puddle, narrowly missing the barbed wire with me face, but managing to tangle the dog leads in it ::), breaking two nails and probably scoring an 8.7 on the advance movements scoring system ;D There I sat. Bemused. The man is concerned, bless him, he is not pissing his self like I would be if the boot was on the other foot, he offers me his hand, which I decline to touch with my now black, muddy, stinky, broken nailed paws, whilst Defi comes over to investigate my prone position for jumping on and determining whether or not this is a good puddle to wallow in...it is, I am covered, no need to bother Defi ::) I carry on chatting as if its perfectly normal behaviour for me ::) the dogs meanwhile take one look at me and decide that my insistance of not going up and down the river bank and jumping into the largest of the puddles...THE BLUDDY RIVER...is now not up for discussion as I have proved my skill at covering my body in sludge, so therefore they can now do the same...I don't even bother trying to say no!

I walk trudge home, leaving the man at the farm gate, he is going the other way, probably no longer able to contain his mirth, and meet, workmen, runners, many cars....the girlie is waiting at the window to giggle...rat bag...I am now changed, my clothes in the washing machine, my body rinsed, my nails clipped and my bruises making a beautiful show on my hip, thigh and lower leg...but on the plus side, my skin is soft and supple....

Bugger it hurts already ::) ::)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world :)