Wednesday 15 August 2012

More wet days and nearly Christmas

Can't believe this blummin' weather, its been chucking it down all day, but its still so humid, its difficult to know what to wear, not that that is too difficult in our house, what with the washing machine packing up just as my eldest came home from three months in France..with all his washing!

New machine came this afternoon...hooray...not before the mountain of dirty clothes has threatened to drown the bathroom, the carpet already disappeared under dirty, stinky socks.  I have a massive bag of stinking dog towels to wash, they are really hummin' in the utility room, so much so that I was lighting nice scented candles this morning before the great delivery of machine, it now smells of waxy blackcurrant with undertones of dog!
I have been busy making new beads for The International Festival of Glass in Stourbridge, this coming Bank Holiday August weekend http://www.ifg.org.uk/ its going to be a fun weekend.  I will be there in the Bonded Warehouse, Saturday and Sunday 25th and 26th August from 10am until 4.30pm and also on Monday 27th August, for Celebrate Glass, so I will be displaying my fused pieces, bowls, jewellery, recycled glass bottle clocks and more.

Recycled Cider Bottle Fused Glass Clock


As well as Stourbridge I am getting ready for H-Art, 8 -16 September http://h-art.herefordshire.gov.uk/  I am really looking forward to doing this and having my studio open and lots of visitors...hopefully...I am trying to get the garden to look nice but with all this weather I have been making beads instead! 

Flowers for mum.

Nearly Piggin' Christmas

Queenie the Corgi

Some of the beads will be in my Izzybeads Etsy shop drop by there and have a chuckle!

Don't forget that a few hard core lampworkers among us, are doing the Beadathon http://www.justgiving.com/24hrBeadathon A 24hr lampworking marathon to raise awareness, make beads and hopefully raise our target of £500 or more, for Beads of Courage, be child cancer aware.  Click on the link for more information.

Laney x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world :)