Thursday 14 February 2013

Following my muse.

I have been practising my seed beads and trying to improve my skills.  I am really rubbish at following a pattern, although I have some fabulous ones by Lynn Davy a wonderful, talented lady and friend from the Craft Pimp forum, but I never seem to follow them exactly, always going off on a tangent and following my muse.  Lynn tells me this is normal and I should go with it!

My blue dragon, is my own lampwork bead (what else!) and I have used some beautiful blues, once again inspired by a lovely blue piece that Lynn did and showed on the forum, and spiral roped and looped around the dragon, it took a bit of jigging to get him to orientate the right way.

My blue dragon with spiral beaded rope.
I have worn him all week and he is so comfortable now he hangs properly!

Finally, I can reveal what I sent my bead soup blog party partner (what a mouthful!) thankfully Lizzie says she loves them and I am so excited to see what she does with them, here they are....

Bead Soup for Lizzie
Just a little different from her usual style of elegance and femininity then!

Sunday Feb 17th is Poole Bead Fair, and if you click on this Poole Bead Fair money off link you can print off the flyer to get the discount on the door.  Be nice to see you there!

Have a great Valentines Day, I am now off to see my little brother get married!

Laney x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laney, I do love the beads you sent. I'm excited to start creating with them, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you make with yours as well.
    Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world :)