Saturday 29 March 2014

Bead well ..... with your 5 a day!

I have been on a bit of a fruit and veg bead making stint this week, no real reason, just have.  This is a blog post on the fruit of my labours.
 
I am getting ready for the annual Flame Off event, a huge collection of lampwork glass artists, beads, torches, glass rods and tutors willing to demonstrate and share their skills.  This will be my 3rd year attending with my beads, every year has been a great success and although exhausting as I stay for the 3 days, 2 days of the Flame Off and the 3rd day is the bead fair in the same venue, I meet wonderful people, customers that buy my beads, new friends and old friends.
 
The down side is that I am now busy making beads to take with me and am unable to offer them for sale in my Etsy shop or on my Facebook Izzybeads page or on Ebay, but I can show pictures here and there when I have wired and strung the beads and taken photos with my new found skills!
 
First up is Chilli's and flowers.
 

Then we have bunny and carrots.
 




Oranges and lemons...
 




...and finished off with cherries, grapes, blackberries and of course a glass or two of home brewed wine!  Why else grow fruit??
 


 
I did have some strawberries but they sold so I will just have to make some more, I love my art!
 
Right I am now off with the daughter, gulp, another drive out in the country to photograph old and abandoned houses, won't be long before mine will look like one of those if I don't start dragging the hoover round and maybe a quick polish or dust.  Daughter is doing A Level Photography and 'abandoned' is her project, its been fun driving round and seeing some fantastic places, I really must do the blog on the wonderful house we found abandoned in Mordiford Woods in Hereford, all black and white, wattle and dab walls, very spooky but brilliant.
 



7 comments:

  1. Oh Laney I love the fruit and veg especially the chillies...my girlie would love those. Strawberry beads are always popular so no surprise they sold so quickly. Enjoy the photography that sounds like fun and yes do tell us about the haunted house ;0) Hope you have some of this glorious sunshine I am sitting in the garden enjoying a cuppa as I type this xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chillies - they look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so charming and luscious, Laney :) My favorite are the grapes and wine bottle; Hubby makes the best wine, we never buy from the wine store anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those beads are awesome! I love them!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laney these bead collections are just too awesome-I love them all. good luck at the bead show.
    I am anxious to see photos of your journal-sounds wonderful
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like your beadwork. I love beads and bought alot of them when I was in Venice a couple of years ago. Lovely work that you are doing here. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and what fun that your daughter is wanting to study photography. It is so much fun and i think is a hobby that can really change our perspective on life. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world :)