Saturday 11 October 2014

Just beads and weird days.

 
Saturday's are odd days, they are neither a Friday; working day, nor a Sunday; resting, sort of as much as you can on a Sunday for a family that are not particularly religious or follow any family rituals of a Sunday nature.  Saturday's are weird.
 
I walked the dogs, then I came home, no one was here, I stood in the lane talking to people for about an hour, in my wellington boots, then the delivery man came and the postman, I was still in my wellington boots, then I came in, had a cup of tea and went to the studio shed whilst my husband returned home from a night shift and snored his way through the motor racing he had recorded, in the guise of catching up, meanwhile, Izabel snuggled and snoozed on the sofa, Gordy languished in his old cat tree, not the impressive tower in the hall but the more used small version now behind the sofa in the living room and Defi and I went to the shed and listened to the audio book from Terry Prachete, I am still unsure as to whether or not I like all of Prachett's books, I love the witches in his stories but the other characters just don't do it for me but listening is easier than reading them......
 




I was commissioned to make a Robin bead this week, I made a few and have offered them up for made to order in my Etsy shop, I love them, they are cute and colourful and well....Christmassy; don't shoot the messenger, it was a commission remember!
 



I have been making some very LONG focal beads, rather pleased with these two, the top one has been described, not by me, as romantic, I was thinking Victorian elegance when I was making it so I think that fits, the one below is my version of grape vines; I am wondering about my sculptural beads I rather like the more 'solid' versions too, maybe I should try sets like this style?  Who knows and next week is still a day away.
 




Its Saturday night and tonight I am going to finish this crochet poncho I have been working on for weeks, photos will follow in a day or two.  I have been looking at crochet lace and I really wanting to have a go, it looks so delicate and I am wanting to make some lace jewellery with the beads I have been making, so many ideas go round in my head at one time, the luck of the 'artiste' I suppose, but the down side being not enough hours in any one day!
 
 
Have a great Saturday evening and I will chat tomorrow, this Blogtoberfest and 31 days of writing challenge is keeping me blogging!!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous new beads Laney x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, I am really enjoying this style :)

      Delete
  2. It's funny, for me Sundays are the weird days. I love that it is more quiet on the streets in my area, but I always have the feeling I have to cram things in before going back to work.
    The witches are my favorite Pratchett characters, too. I also do love some of the others, though, like Sam Vimes and his watchmen and of course Lord Vetinari. Big fan here! I can't listen to books, I have to hold them and read them. I tried, but it just doesn't work for me.

    You already know I love the robin beads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listening to books is a new thing for me Cat, I listen whilst at the torch, it isn't the same as holding the book though. The witches make me smile and laugh.

      Delete
  3. Just wellington boots/ :D hehehe. The beads are lovely I really like the first 'romantic' one with the subtle colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah, I wondered if anyone would notice my little...erm... faux pas :P I did have jeans on and a jumper too!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful beads Laney. I can't wait to see your poncho, I've been thinking I'd like to chrochet one myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more row Jill, just one more row!! My husband saw it last night and said 'is that thing growing?' its lovely to be underneath it whilst crocheting but it makes me so warm I start to nod off!! Just hope it works as well when worn!

      Delete
  5. Just popping by to say hello to a fellow Blogtoberfester - your beads are very beautiful

    Best wishes
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world :)