Friday 10 October 2014

That Friday feeling.

I woke up this morning, after a long wet and windy week to a beautiful sight, my little cat Gordy was curled up in the middle of the bed, between the husband and I, with Izabel, he had his head tucked under her fluffy tail and she was snoozing with her head over his back, they were as snug as a bug.  It was a lovely sight to see first thing.

The sun was out this morning, Autumn is keeping Winter at bay for a little longer, after the wet, cold and grey week its a welcome sight, which made this afternoon's funeral a bright affair.  The church is the beautiful one at Breinton where I live and dog walk past each and every day, a old Norman church that has been added too over the centuries, I believe the earliest date for there being a church on this site is around the 14th Century. 

 
 This is the side of the church and the entrance we used today, us dog walking friends, to the right of this picture is the site of the Motte and Bailey, a fantastic raised mound that towers above the orchard in which the church stands.



These photos are not from today, you could barely see the church today, the car park was full, the lanes around the church were full, it was standing room only and a beautiful service to celebrate the life of someone so young, I know on our row a few tears were shed, but it was lovely to come out into the sunshine and see late afternoon dog walkers go by and see life continuing on as it always has and always will.

Now, to cheer myself up and bring myself back to the world of 'me', I am off to photograph a few beads that I have made this week, and will be sharing photos tomorrow.
 

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful church sorry it wasn't a happy occasion to visit it today hope you're okay. I love looking around church grounds especially where there are very old graves. Look forward to seeing your lovely beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful old church and its a stunning grave yard with the most amazing trees that date back to almost as old as the Norman part of the church!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful church grounds. Love to you all X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful old church and grounds! Hoping your weekend is a little more uplifting, Laney - XOXO

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world :)