Friday 24 January 2014

Grow your Blog event January 2014

 
I am determined to use my blog better this year so I have joined up to Grow my Blog with 2 Bags Full 
 
To begin with we have to introduce ourselves, so a bit of waffling with a few pictures...I can do that...so why am I doing it last minute as always? 
 
To help me do this quick I am going to do it with pictures and few words, I am that woman of a few words ask anyone...except the husband and the kids and really anyone that knows me!
 
 
That me above...ahem...ok so its not, that is my youngest, my beautiful daughter who turned 18 at Christmas, I looked like this about 20 odd years ago if you squinted and wore dark glasses!

 
This is Defi.  He is my youngest Golden Retriever at 4 in February, he has been with us for 3 yrs now and is a mummys boy who walks around with a comfort blankie and loves cuddles.

 
This is my Izabel, and is why I am Izzybeads.  She is the only dog we have ever had from a puppy, and is the last puppy, boy they are hard work!  I am a rescue and rehome house all the way!!  Izabel is gorgeous but she does prefer the dirty and matted look no amount of grooming and care can make this dog stay fluffy and clean!




Ok, this one is me, but is 20 yrs...or so...ago.  I am with my boys, my beautiful faithful Ricky, the German Shepherd, and my son, the same son that turned 20 at Christmas...yes I know Christmas babies, but then my birthday is March.....the joke is on me! 
 


The daily walk.  I took this photo last week, the mist was low over the river - that's the River Wye just to the right of the picture - and the sun was trying to burn through, was a glorious morning walk.
 
For those that don't know the River Wye is in Hereford in the UK.  I live 5 mins walk from this beauty spot.
 



What do I do?  Well, I draw, you can find my prints at Canine Cavern as well as some of my beads and bits.  More about those in a minute.  My first love of art was drawing, I have doodled my way into my....later years....I have no formal training just a love of doing.
 



My current love.  Glass!  I love glass I love to sculpt it.  Originally I wanted to be more realistic in my glass work, but everything came out whimsy so I stopped trying to change it and went with the flow, everything I make is designed to brighten your day and make you smile.
 

 

 

My beads are designed to display as sculptures but I also make them to wear, sometimes I just get a bit carried away and keep adding sticky out bits!
 

 
 
 
Really there is not much to tell about me, I am a wife of 20 yrs with a very supportive husband, a mother of now grown children although they still live at home and make more mess now than when they were little and I create...well it keeps me out of trouble!
 

 
 We have always had animals.  We had chooks (chickens) until Foxy Loxy came and ate them, we live very rural here in beautiful Herefordshire surrounded by farmland, its idyllic and peaceful.  I am a real home body that can't cook!  My husband does all the cooking and shopping as I am completely rubbish at that, but I do occasionally run the hoover round and in the summer I grow veggies and tend our big garden with the help of my furry four paws.
 
Our newest recruit to the house is our Gordy.  Yes that's him in the washing machine, he uses it like a hamster uses a wheel.  Our Gordy is a bit of a celebrity, he has a huge following on FB, he is my beautiful boy, my British Shorthaired Black and Silver Tabby cat...and he has brain damage.  Gordy has been with us now for 5 months and is the baby of the house loved and adored by us all he doesn't have good balance and falls off of everything, he has no fear so can do silly things like sit on the cooker when its hot or try and sit in the coal fire, and he dribbles..alot...but as you can see we love him anyway, all of us.  He claim to fame is that he was featured in the January edition of Cat World, he is a real life superstar!
 


This picture is just because I like it!
 
So that's me Laney of Izzybeads
 
 
You can find me around the web, on my Facebook page in my Etsy shop and hopefully more often here!
 
Now I am off to have a look at the other Grow your bloggers.
 
Laney x
 
List of other bloggers involved in the Grow your Blog event are found here
 
 


39 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos of your loved ones and I really enjoyed reading your blog. You managed to draw me right into your life with your writing style. I love your whimsical glass creations....so much fun! Congratulations and keep blogging. I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Nan and thank you for reading, I have forgotten to put up a list of everyones blog so just off to do that now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At present there is no list...will put one up when I find one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laney, Pleased to meet you...... I hope you and your daughter finish off the dolls house project you started a long time ago. Miniatures are addictive.......much like Yorkshiremen, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha on the Yorkshire men!! Miniatures are addictive and I do look forward to be inspired by your blog.

      Delete
  5. I just adore your creations, and your 4 legged friends!!!! The picture of all 3 snuggled up together is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laney, happy to meet you. Your beads are precious and very unique. Your family is beautiful...hope you enjoy the party! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Laney - - popping in from the GYB Volunteer crew to say - WELCOME TO THE PARTY!

    I love love LOVE your beads. Amazing. And the pics of the family - so lovely.
    Especially love the shot of the "daily walk" ... ahh.

    I am currently house and dog sitting for a friend and I have a lovely Jack Russell named Zoe looking at me right this minute - wondering when we will head out for afternoon stroll. Best get on that!

    And - that's a great idea to link BACK to the big list at the end of your post. I am totally running over to my post now to add that in. I didn't think of it.

    I'll be back to poke around... after Miss Zoe and I go on a ramble.

    Have a great time at the party.

    go easy ~pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, don't envy you your job I am slowly working my way through the blogging list! I am rather enjoying reading everyones daily musings :)

      Delete
  8. Hi! I just popped over from the comment you left on my blog for the party! Thanks for stopping by!

    Wow! You're really talented with glass! Very impressive!

    Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping by from the GYB party and Dogwood lane Rambles. Your bead work is wonderful and of course I LOVE the pups. Looking forward to getting to know you better as a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patrica, a fellow dog lover look forward to reading more blogs this year including yours :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Laney, thanks for visiting my blog. Looking forward to following. The glass art is very cool. Elaina xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaina, welcome to my corner of blogger hope to see you again soon :)

      Delete
  11. Wow, your glass work is incredible! I can't even begin to imagine where to start with it, and the beads........hmmm, yes, I will be calling back in here again
    Hugs from Sharm in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Sharmayne look forward to seeing you here again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cricket, no idea how you achieve so much with glass:) stopping by from GYB, enjoying visiting lots of blogs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Laney, Just stopped by from the GYB party. Nice to meet you. Your glass creations are so charming--love them! We've been adopting rescue dogs (and a cat) since the 80's. We're currently down to just one, though. She's one of the sweetest dogs that we've had. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Southpaw stitcher, rescues are just the best pets aren't they? I am really enjoying the GYB party, thank you for the lovely comment x

      Delete
  15. Thank you so much for your epically lovely comment on my blog. Your blog is completely fabulous! What a gorgeous family you have and living where you are there must be ample inspiration for your art. Your glasswork's amazing - truly! I can't wait to see what you create this year so I've become a follower so that I can keep up with you! Best wishes from Shroo:)x

    www.artyshroo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome :) thank you for stopping by on my blog too :)

      Delete
  16. Hi Laney!

    I thoroughly enjoyed reading your GYB post! So nice to meet you! I hope you'll pop over for a visit! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb thank you and yes definitely going to pop over :)

      Delete
  17. Good morning, I am visiting from the party. Your furry guys are adorable and I love your lampwork-I am so amazed at this art form-I just love it.
    I live very rural in Missouri and I create with fiber-quilting, rug hooking weaving, dye fabric-to name a few-lol When you get the chance please stop by for a visit Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathyinozarks welcome to my corner of the blogging world :) Rug hooking weaving is something I would like to try I have been shown how it works at a local rural arts and crafts event held at the farm opposite me last Autumn, the result is fantastic :)

      Delete
  18. Oh my goodness, what beautiful work you do. The glass figures are so detailed and expressive. I am going to pop over to your shop and look at some more of them. Thank you for the peek into your life and art.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You do amazing work with glass--beads and figures. We're trying to visit all the blogs from the GYB event, so we've bookmarked your blog so we can come back and stay awhile.

    Deb and Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you secondhandroses, I have yet to visit everyone but am working my way through :) welcome to my corner :)

      Delete
  20. I've found you through the GYB Party. Hello Laney, and nice to meet you and your furry family. I think your beads are fantastic just what I've seen here on the blog. I've become a follower, and I'll check out your Etsy next. Have a good day, stop by my beady/quilty blog if you have a moment.
    Lily and Jasmine Treasures: http://lilyandjasmine.blogspot.com/2014/01/grow-your-blog-party-and-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, welcome to my corner of the blogging world. I am really enjoying the GYB party and I have yet to find everyone! thank you for your lovely comments and I am just about to pop over to you. Laney x

      Delete
  21. The sticky out bits are what make them so cool-looking! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehhe Sarah and Dan, I think so too :)

      Delete
  22. Hey Laney, Your glasswork is amazing! Those flowers are just out of this world gorgeous. I am in awe! And you draw too. your four legged friends look darling, animals are so therapeutic I don't know what I would do without mine. Love the kitty in the washer. It has been lovely meeting you.

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi cmoh, welcome to my corner of blogging world :) I do love my animals you just cant beat a furry hug when the day is getting a bit long :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world :)