Friday 21 November 2014

Clown hound.

I was watching Air Bud the Disney film with the Golden Retriever that sold us on having a Golden and getting our Iz, what they don't tell you on the film is that Golden's are not as well trained as Buddy the dog in the film is, it takes a lot of work to get this stubborn loveable hound that well trained; they are however wonderful family dogs that love games and are very happy waggy tailed creatures that will raise a smile from 'almost' everyone that meets them - read my last post for more details on the odd person who can't raise a smile!
 
 Back when we had just our Suki, our lovely Heinz 57 variety mix mongrel from the rescue centre, Ricky our beautiful German Shepherd having passed away, my kids were younger then and we sat one rainy summer afternoon and watched Air Bud and the love affair for Golden Retrievers was born.
 
 
In the film, Buddy is a Clown hound for a mean clown and he meets a little boy that has lost his dad and between them they heal each other and find a new forever loving home.  Its a classic Disney tale designed to tug at the heart strings - it works we live with two mud wallowing waggy tailed Golden's now - and make you weep with tears of saddness then those of joy.....


...not a brilliant combination when you are at the torch, long hot flame stretching before you and melted glass on the rod waiting to become the arms and legs of the next creation.  But it did inspire my Clown hound.
 
You can find my glass creations in my Etsy shop waiting to be adopted.
 


3 comments:

  1. Air Bud was a favorite of our boys when they were small, Laney. I have to smile seeing this cute fella in his clown duds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this just the coolest piece ever!!! Love it friend! I too grew up with goldens and my parents just got another! What a brilliant piece! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world :)